CMDR COE Carried Out Fruitful Crisis Management and Disaster Response Interagency Interaction Annual Conference 2016
CMDR COE conducted its fourth annual conference for Crisis Management and Disaster Response Interagency Interaction from 31st May to 02nd June in Marinela Hotel in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The annual event brought together subject matter experts, researchers and educators, planners and developers, advisers and various actors working in the crisis management and disaster response domain in order to promote a lively debate on relevant issues.
This year, more than 110 representatives of international organizations and institutions from a total of 13 NATO and PfP nations took part in the annual event. CMDR COE was pleased to host participants from UN OCHA, ACT, JFC Naples and JFC Brunssum, NATO COEs, Land Command Turkey, ARRC UK and RRC France, the Polish Humanitarian Action, Bulgarian MFA , MOD and Ministry of Economy, Bulgarian JFC, Navy and Land Forces Command, the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the Defense Academy "G.S. Rakovski" and the National Military University “V. Levski”, the Bulgarian Red Cross, MASA Group, Bulgarian Modeling and Simulation Association – BULSIM and IBM among others.
The conference opening address was delivered by the Deputy Minister of Defence of the Republic of Bulgaria Mr. Dimitar Kyumyurdzhiev. Mr. Kyumyurdzhiev was followed by the welcome speech of the CMDR COE Director, COL Vassil Roussinov who emphasized the importance of leadership, commitment and cooperation - the basic ingredients of any response that strives for effectiveness.
The keynote speakers of the conference were Prof. Jose Julio Gonzalez from the University of Agder, Norway and Mr. Grzegorz Gruca, vice president of the Polish Humanitarian Action.
Three ideas underlay this year’s conference as clustered in the shape of three plenary sessions.
- Lessons Learned From Disasters Relief And Humanitarian Assistance.
- Consequence Management and the Mitigation of the Natural and Manmade Disasters.
- M&S Support for Crisis and Disaster Management Processes and Climate Change Implications.
The CMDR COE is glad to announce that the main objectives of the 2016 Conference have been met. Among them were:
- To spread the knowledge concerning Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned in disasters relief and humanitarian assistance, consequence management and the ways of mitigation the effects of the natural and manmade calamities.
- To make the contacts in order to exchange ideas among the members of the crisis management community of interest.
- The researchers from different countries to have the opportunity to present their work and to share experience with other scientists working in the field of Climate change.
- To share data between researchers in different countries, cooperation between research institutes and governmental organizations, the application of hydrological and meteorological research for the planning of disaster prevention activities according implications of Climate change in military operations and disaster occurrence.
The CMDR COE staff would like to extend their gratitude for the fruitful discussion and the contribution from the participants.
The CMDR COE Director and the NCGM Commandant reaffirm commitment to cooperation» read more
The CMDR COE successfully concluded an Expert Workshop on Gender Perspectives» read more
CMDR COE Collaborates with Jordan in Evaluating Earthquake Preparedness.» read more
A course for the Jordanian Public Security Directorate» read more
11-16 June 2023» read more
A training session took place on June 7, 2023, at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs...» read more
On Tuesday 6th of June 2023, the Director of Big Data for Smart Society Institute (GATE), Prof. Silvia Ilieva...» read more
11th Annual CMDR COE Conference» read more
That’s a wrap for the first 2023 iteration of the Gender Focal Point course!» read more
What is NATO′s crisis management process? How are strategic decisions made?...» read more
A pilot course, 27-28 April 2023» read more
The CMDR COE Internship Research Paper presentation took place today, April 20th, 2023...» read more
A friendly football match between a team consisting of CMDR COE representatives and...» read more
Register for the 2023 CMDR COE Annual Conference» read more
28-31 March 2023» read more