Crisis Response Operations Planners Professional Development Hybrid (residentiаl and on-line) Course - (NATO APPROVED; NATO ETOC Code: JPL-OP-31878)Date: (16-10-2023)
Location: CMDR COE (Hotel Shipka)
34A Totleben Blvd., Sofia 1606, Bulgaria
Duration: 5 days
Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED Releasable to Partners
Depth of knowledge: Level 300
The CMDR COE hybrid (residentiаl and on-line), NATO APPROVED, Crisis Response Operations Planners Professional Development (CROPPD) Course will take place on 16 - 20 OCT 2023.
The course aims at building comprehensive knowledge on NATO Crisis Response and on NATO Crisis Response System (NCRS), with an emphasis on NATO Crisis Response Planning at the operational level.
Military officers (OF-2 or higher) and/or civilian equivalent, involved in crisis response planning, assigned to: NATO HQs and agencies; NATO Ally and Partner nations′ Ministry of Defence and subordinated HQs; Ministry of Interior, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including representatives from the European Union (EU).
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of a crisis and of the engagement space through an inclusive and broad PMESII analysis;
- Tackle key issues, determine factors, and identify and cooperate with actors bearing influence on crisis response, including through cooperation with relevant international stakeholders, in line with NATO Crisis Response Process (NCRP);
- Perform key activities and deliver on key tasks during the operational orientation within NCRP, as defined by NATO’s Comprehensive Operations Planning Directive (COPD).
The coures will be conducted in hybrid mode (residential and on-line). The course consists of interactive lectures, practical tasks, case studies, and a final hands-on task. The study method used is premised on the principles of adult learning so as to allow trainees to be actively internalising and processing new knowledge. Formative and summative assessment will be made on in-class activities and will be monitored by dedicated mentors.
The command of English language should be at a professional level, according to the criteria stated in STANAG 6001- 3-2-3-2 or B2+/C1 in CEFRL.
Participants are expected to attend all course activities as the intense programme does not allow for absences during the course. Late arrivals or early departures cannot be accepted. Certificate for successful completion shall not be awarded in case absences are recorded.
Mandatory online registration should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than 21 AUG 2023. The required minimum for course conduct is 15 participants, and the maximum 30 for residential and 20 for on-line iterations.
The course fee is € 300. Enrolled learners / their organisations are to cover the course fee latest one week before course start. The fee can be payed online (a payment link will be provided) or via bank transfer (further details will be provided). In case of no show past the cancellation deadline (two weeks in advance of course start), the course fee is non-reimbursable.
No fees will be charged to military personnel, governmental employees and governmental educational institutions from Sponsoring Nations (Greece, Hunagry, Poland and Romania) and the Framework nation (Bulgaria).
Cancellation of participation is only possible with a 3-week notice prior to the start date of the course. The entire course fee is due past the afore-mentioned period.
- Sofia Municipality: https://www.sofia.bg/en/web/sofia-municipality/
- Sofia Airport: https://www.sofia-airport.bg/en/passengers
- Railway transport: http://www.bdz.bg/en/
- City mobility: https://www.sofiatraffic.bg/en/transport/schedules
- Sofia guide: http://www.sofia-guide.com
- Sofia free tours - https://freesofiatour.com/
- Course Director: COL Robert JURSKI, Transformation Branch Chief; E-mail: email@example.com
Office number: +359 2 92 24 704
- OPR: LTC Deyan IVANOV, Courses Expert, E&T Branch; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office number: +359 2 92 24 733